Bike Season has Arrived
Bike Season has Arrived
April 22, 2021
Even April showers can’t keep avid cyclists off their bikes as spring weather leads to more and more opportunities to dust off the gears and ride. Get your bike ready for the change of season with the tips and suggestions below.
1. Cleaning: If you followed along with the WD-40® Brand emails from last fall, your bike might have been stored clean and ready for the fresh season. For many of us, pulling the bike out of the garage, attic, or shed may involve dusting off a few cobwebs. Luckily, we have just the tool for the job. WD-40 Specialist® Bike Cleaner is a fast-acting biodegradable foaming wash you can use to spray down your bike. Wipe with a cloth and rinse with water to reveal a bright and shiny bike looking like new.
2. Maintenance: The bicycle chain is one of the most important pieces to properly care for and maintain. Identifying rust or broken links can stop a problem before it starts, and cleaning, degreasing, and re-lubricating the chain regularly during the season will pay dividends whether you ride on the road or trail. Our bike cleaner product is a great start, but consider WD-40 Specialist Degreaser to go the extra mile and deeply penetrate and remove stubborn grease and grime from the chain as well as all moving parts.
3. Lubrication: For superior lubrication that extends the life of bike chains the WD-40 Specialist line offers several solutions:
- WD-40 Specialist Bike Chain Lube: an all-conditions lubricant that protects bicycle chains in dry, wet, or varying conditions. This fast and easy-to-use aerosol spray aids in preventing squeaks and extends the life of the chain.
- WD-40 Specialist Bike Wet Chain Lube: a high-performance lubricant specifically formulated for muddy & extreme conditions. The durable coating helps repel mud & water and helps extend the life of the chain. The formula also performs in freezing temperatures to keep you riding in cold-weather conditions.
- WD-40 Specialist Bike Dry Chain Lube: a high-performance lubricant specifically formulated for dry & dusty conditions. Polymers in the Dry Lube formula quickly form a dry film to protect the chain and repel dirt in arid or dusty conditions. Prevents friction damage and helps extend chain life with a no-wax formula that does not cause build-up inside chain links and drivetrains.
TIP: The best rider out there is the one having the most fun. Too much fun without enough maintenance can leave your gear covered in rust, WD-40 Specialist Rust Remover Soak can help fix up parts you might otherwise have to replace or throw away.